Would you like to become eligible for the Child and Adult Care Food Program in Arizona:
There are a few steps to get you started and we can help you do that.....
1. DES Child Care Certification from Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES).
2. DHS Child Care Licenses from Arizona Department of Health Service (DHS).
3. Private Day Care Home - Alternate Approval (AA) method, AA method requires home Fire and Health Inspection conducted by local agency/or designated official.
Most providers are AA (Alternate Approval).
Each of the eligible guidelines requires child care providers to obtain a LEVEL one (1) fingerprint clearance card, home inspection and current CPR and First Aid Certification.
All necessary paper work will be provided to assist in the process.
Each provider is subject to Arizona Department of Education approval, before meal claim may begin.
Overview of Quality Child Care Requirements!
● Home and Yard in Safe Condition
● CPR and First Aid Certified
● Parents/Guardian Sign In-Out Children (forms provided)
● Maintain Records of Meals and Children in Care (forms provided)
● Fingerprint Clearance Card
● Space and Arrangement Adequate for Child Play and Rest
● Firearms Locked and Ammo Separate
● First Aid Kit or Supplies
● Hold Fire Drills Regularly
● Working Fire Extinguisher
● Outlets Covered
● Paper Towels in bathroom-warm water-liquid soap–proper hand washing
● Food in Refrigerator and Freezer Covered (thermometer in both)
● House # on Home easily seen from Road
● Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detector
● Electrical Box Labeled
● Medications, Knives, Chemicals, etc. Safely Stored
This Institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider